What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Internal battery in KLN35A

Sheldon

Well Known Member
Does anyone know what the internal battery # is in the King KLN35A GPS...??
I need to replace it in my unit... I have extensive PC board/soldering experience so doing this isn't/shouldn't be a problem for me.. I was hoping to get the battery before I tear into it...
Thanks, Sheldon

OK.. I found the battery # It's a Lithium TL 5135 3.6 volt, 3 pins on bottom to solder to board (or may plug in) I haven't taken the unit apart yet to see about that, but peaking inside, I was able to get the battery #...

I am assuming that once this battery is removed and then replaced with a new one, I will have to reload the data base...???
Anyone know that answer..??
Thanks, Sheldon

Guess I'm the only one with a KLN35A...? Update.. I replaced the battery (easly done).. The unit works as new.. Low battery message is now gone.. The data base & my previous loaded flight plans still in... A $14 fix vs $???? sending it in... Sheldon

I've changed the battery out in a friend's KLX-135A, and found that the only thing you really need to reset is the date/time to make it re-acquire it's GPS position faster the next time you power it up. If it loses the internal memory due to dead battery, it takes an awfully looooooong time to find its home starting position by GPS when you power it up. The database gets stored in non-volatile flash memory, all the other system settings get stored in the volatile battery-backed ram memory.

Desoldering is quick and easy using a “solder sucker” tool designed for the task or by using
A small “braided ground strap” to wick up the old solder as it melts....

Back