What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intermittent Magnetometer/OAT Indication

JohnF

Well Known Member
When I fired up the Dynon D180 it indicated that the remote compass and OAT were not found. I finally crawled back into the tail and opened the 9-pin D connector to verify the OAT wires were installed correctly at the magnetometer. They were.

When I put the plug back together and again fired up the Dynon the OAT and remote compass were OK. I suspected something had been loose and my checking and reattaching the plug cured it.

Wrong! Today when I turned on the Dynon again it again said that the OAT and remote compass could not be found...nothing was done in the interium. The unit just sat there since it worked yesterday, and today it doesn't want to recognize the compass or the OAT.

Your ideas? (I hate intermittents ... always thought some smoke signals from a problem made things a lot easier!!)

Hey John

I think many of us found the little pins on the end of the wires can be a problem. You may have to run continuity on them all. Sorry, not easy, but nothing else eliminates it if you are sure the connectors are in place well.

John Bender

Back