What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior & exterior paint

Alexmir

Hi there,

I saw the JetFlex paint Matt used on his cockpit, sounds like an interesting product... Anyone knows were may I but it? and how much qty is required for an RV8 cockpit?

Second question... is there any exterior paint that looks like the polished aluminum? shiny, silver?
I've seen metalized grays, but they look like cars...

rgds
Alex

Jet Flex

Hi there,

I saw the JetFlex paint Matt used on his cockpit, sounds like an interesting product... Anyone knows were may I but it? and how much qty is required for an RV8 cockpit?

Second question... is there any exterior paint that looks like the polished aluminum? shiny, silver?
I've seen metalized grays, but they look like cars...

rgds
Alex

No idea on the exteror but I know a little about Jet Flex.
Not sure what Matt used but this is Jet Flex Solvent Based. I should finish the interior with one quart each of flat black and flat gray. Check with Sherwin Williams for suppliers near you.
2vlwiag.jpg

My RV7 is going to take about 2.5qts total to paint the inside. I painted parts before assembly in medium size batches, so I lost maybe 20% to overspray and stuff stuck to the hopper on the gun.

If you buy quarts, buy all at once and mix. My two quarts, bought separately, are a noticeably different hue (which is pretty much standard for custom colored paints)

Back