What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interesting Tool

Bubblehead

Well Known Member
A few days ago I was driving to beautiful East Peoria, IL on business and spotted a intriguing hardware store. These kind of places are often fun to stop at and see what they might have. I was early for my appointment so I stopped to browse. Inside I found this interesting "tool."

550010787_BGJJN-M.jpg

In case you can't read the price it says "4 for 6.00." So I went out on a limb and bought two, along with a set of luggage tags and a package of 100 ohm resistors.

So what did I do with these? I finished installing my FloScan for the EIS 4000 yesterday and used a couple of 5" lengths to hold wire runs together. Once all the wires were run and organized right I applied cable ties and removed the bendable wires.

550010715_nX4wG-M.jpg

These things are great. You can hold the wire bundle with one hand and then with a thumb on that hand and the fingers on the other hand you wrap the wire bundle with this soft wire. It is stiff enough to hold the bundle tight but easy enough to bend that it does not take any effort to wrap it around the wires. The coating makes it soft against the wires too. Just right!

After I found out how great this stuff was I noticed that the package held 12' of the stuff. Seemed overkill to have 24' of this stuff so I gave the 2nd package to my local A&P/IA who helps with the more difficult parts of maintaining and upgrading the plane. What a cheap bribe!

Garage Guy got it right

iittool.com is what is on the bottom of the package. I tried ordering through the link in Garage Guy's post but it looks like you have to become a wholesaler before you can see the prices.

I will be driving past that same store tomorrow afternoon. If they are open I will stop in and buy whatever is left and offer it to the group.

Back