What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intercom Volume Issue

Jim P

Well Known Member
I believe I may be having some intercom issues, or maybe it's headsets. I have a Headsets Inc ANR in a hardshell helmet (no volume control) that works really well (in fact I prefer it to the Bose). I picked up a Bose X at OSH this year for the passenger side. I took my wife for her first ride in our RV today and she could barely hear me with the Bose (indicated good battery), but the sound quality was good with no static, just really faint. I'm have an 8000B audio panel. The problem is that unless I turn up the audio on the intercom to a higher point, the Bose is having a hard time getting the volume, but with the intercom that far up, my helmet is way too loud. Any easy solutions? I was thinking about putting an in-line volume control on the helmet.

I believe I may be having some intercom issues, or maybe it's headsets. I have a Headsets Inc ANR in a hardshell helmet (no volume control) that works really well (in fact I prefer it to the Bose). I picked up a Bose X at OSH this year for the passenger side. I took my wife for her first ride in our RV today and she could barely hear me with the Bose (indicated good battery), but the sound quality was good with no static, just really faint. I'm have an 8000B audio panel. The problem is that unless I turn up the audio on the intercom to a higher point, the Bose is having a hard time getting the volume, but with the intercom that far up, my helmet is way too loud. Any easy solutions? I was thinking about putting an in-line volume control on the helmet.

Jim, what happens when you swap the two headsets? Does the problem move with the headset?

Vern

Back