What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intercom and Com Mystery

We tried our Flightcom 430 and Garmin SL40 today using Bose Headsets. Were able to transmit and receive. However, a "digital mystery woman's" voice kept asking us to "Choose" the entire time. We can't seem to shut it off or figure out what she wants us to choose. :confused:

Is there some special configuration or set-up that we missed that anyone knows about?

Check your GPS or another device attached to the intercom. The lady in my 496 is always berating me.

Rick.

Were you flying while this was happening? Or was the engine running? Is this on a Skyview system?

I had a Vibration problem with my ADAHRS (actually, I was at Dynon today, returning my bad unit.) Among quite a few problems, it kept giving me Caution messages about the vibration - AND - also triggering the G-Meter (which I had set at 3 G as the Trigger Point) - AND - this lady kept coming on saying CHEESE.

After about three weeks of her telling me CHEESE, and my trying to understand her - and thinking it was some sort of partial message - I figured out she was really saying "G's."

Just a thought.

Bob Bogash
N737G

"Gs"

That's exactly what we found today - she seemed to be saying "choose or cheese" - being digital it was hard to tell.

We went through all of the audio options and found that these is for the "Gs"; turned the voice audio off for now on that particular sensor and com/intercom are fine.

Back