What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance Requirements for Hangar Lease

Daveflier

In June 2019 when the Palm Beach Airport Authority awarded Signature Flight Support a five year lease for authority to lease hangars to tenants at North County Airport (F45). The master agreement included that every permittee is required in addition to liability insurance to have ״all risk hull insurance for 100% of total aircraft cost insuring against loss to aircraft or other property”. Each year at lease renewal Signature requires proof of hull insurance. This local government over reach makes no provision for those able to self insure. In addition I find it curious how the local authority would know what total aircraft cost would be. Put two RV-8’s side by side, one with basic instrumentation and the other with a $40,000 IFR panel….and you get the idea. I am in the preliminary stage of preparing to litigate this requirement. My attorney, experienced litigator son, is eager to offer his pro bono services. I am curious to hear from others what hangar lease requirements are in other parts of the country. Thank you.

I am in the preliminary stage of preparing to litigate this requirement. My attorney, experienced litigator son, is eager to offer his pro bono services. I am curious to hear from others what hangar lease requirements are in other parts of the country. Thank you.
Sounds like a good plan to lose your hanger.

As above, I'm required annually to provide a certificate of insurance to our local regional airport commission. At each renewal, my insurance carrier sends me all the appropriate certificates as a courtesy so that I can forward them easily. it's no big deal.

Last edited:
Back