What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

insulating copper bar

jimgreen

Well Known Member
I'm looking for advice on the best way to insulate the copper bar linking my master relay to the starter relay, and also the relay terminal studs where you can't a rubber boot on. I've checked out lots of builder sites and they generally show the area before insulation is installed. Thanks

Jim,

I put a couple of layers of heatshrink on mine (except the ends of course). If you mess with the rubber boot by cutting or twisting it a bit, usually you can find a way to get it in place enough to protect the terminals.

greg

Jim,

I put a couple of layers of heatshrink on mine (except the ends of course). If you mess with the rubber boot by cutting or twisting it a bit, usually you can find a way to get it in place enough to protect the terminals.

greg
Thanks Greg, I'll give it another try. I have the B and C relays and they require a twist in the bar, but I guess I should still be able to get the heat shrink on.

Thanks Greg, I'll give it another try. I have the B and C relays and they require a twist in the bar, but I guess I should still be able to get the heat shrink on.

Heat shrink first.............. then twist.........:p

Two things work well

Liquid Insullation as mentioned, and I am also big fan of Self Adhesive Silicon Tape. I like it as it remains plyable and can be easily cut off later to access the terminals if needed.
It will work on the bar as well, but I used the heat shrink as others have said.

Back