What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

instructions for initial Skyview boot-up?

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi folks,

(I think I've overlooked something obvious.) Can anyone point me to the documentation for initial power up of the avionics? I've installed the panel, but not yet connected the battery to power things up. I'm assuming that there's a check list to verify correct connectivity and installation of the various databases, but I don't recall ever seeing such.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated,
-dbh

Some builders have connected the battery backwards and fried the electronics. Although this is not likely in the RV-12 if Van's parts are used and plans are followed.

You need 5 things before you switch power on:

- Trust VANs
- Trust Dynon
- Trust yourself
- Have a good sense of smell
- Make a prayer

If you have them all everything will be fine!:D

Dynon Skyview Initial Power-up

David,

The latest Skyview Installation manual (Rev S) that's available on their website talks about this starting on page 4-8, under Network Setup and Status. Mine didn't look exactly like that when I first powered it up, but the manual does steer you in the right direction for how to check and update (as required) all the software and databases. Not intuitive until you have power on and can start playing with the buttons.

Cheers,
Mike--

Back