What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

installing wings

stamper

Well Known Member
Okay I am ready to install the wings, pretty excited. I read though all the instructions and it seems pretty easy. My question is is there no measuring or seeing if it is aligned correctly to the fuselage or to check washout or anything of that sort.
Just throw them on and that is it. It seems to simple.
Any advise or things that aren't in the plans that I can do to help me out.

Unless they've changed the plans, you do get to final drill the aft spar attachment hole, which does affect wing alignment.

The ten has pilot holes in the rear spar attach. Cleco them then clamp firmly. Remove cleco and drill. Use a drill guide or bushing or something to make sure you drill square so you don't end up with a crooked bolt. That's it.

Yep, there's nothing to change or align in a measured way. Just line up the holes in the rear spar and the carry through and drill up to the bolt size. Easy peasy.

wings

okay guys thanks. Just seems so simple that it can't be. I do have to take the wings back off but thought I would do all the metal work and a few other things while waiting for my panel from Aerotronics.
Can't wait to see it with wings on.

okay guys thanks. Just seems so simple that it can't be. I do have to take the wings back off but thought I would do all the metal work and a few other things while waiting for my panel from Aerotronics.
Can't wait to see it with wings on.

They really need to come off once anyway. You can use temporary bolts the first time, and don't need all of them. Then leave them off for the wiring process so you can get in and out easier.

thanks Jesse, that's what I was going to do. I was down in Florida last month and almost came up to see you and to take a peak at any 10 you had down there. Maybe next time.

Back