What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing bushing Page 10-4 Figure 1

Topturn

Really great few days on the build and sent a good few hours in the workshop today working on the F-1211 Assembly and I'm happy to report me and my hand rivet squeezer are now better friends than we were before and my countersinking skills have improved.

I had one small issue today installing the two 'TFI-0304-04' bushes as per the plans, luckily Vans send 5 as I managed to split two in the process (photo here)

I'm now wondering if I need to order 2 replacements from Vans or do they over supply these items for small problems like mine? Also any tips you can pass on as always useful

No extra bushings

I do not believe that Van's supplies more bushing than are needed. Add them to your shopping list. I can not remember where they all go. The bushings in your photo are used as bearings. If bushing are used to protect wires, being split might not matter. Bushing do not cost much. Shipping will be the biggest expense.
Joe

You don't need to do these now. Until you install the stabilator for good you can leave the trim off. The bushings are cheep, so add a couple to your list. Next time you need to order a kit or just some parts, add these to the order.It took me a while to wise up that if I placed an order every time I needed one part the cost got way out of whack.

Back