What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing a LRI in a completed aircraft

gasman

Well Known Member
Friend
I wound like to know how to run the two lines from the panel out to the inspection cover where the pressure ports will be mounted... This is in a 6A...:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help....

Warren

How mine is (7A)

You have to run out through the wing, aft of the spar. You can protect the tubes and run them through the lightening holes, but you have to get aft of the spar. My spar is different so I can't help much there. If you have enough room between the root fairing and the top of the spar you might be able to go over the top, but I would not do it. Also ensure you don't get them tangled up with the aileron bell crank.

If you feel like removing a tank, it would be very easy. You would need to drill a hole in the fuse side at the site where the false bulkhead is (sorry, don't remember a part number). it is the fuse former that is just forward of F604. It is a likely area were you can run the pressure lines down from your panel.

With the tank off, run the lines infront of the spar until you get out to the leading edge out board of the tank. Then fish them through one of the lighening holes in the spar web toward the area of the aileron access plate. I mounted my probe on the access plate with no trouble.

As I said, the biggest pain is taking off a tank. Not sure if you could fish a wire from the access hole toward the fuse on the front of the spar and pull the pressure lines through. Would be tough, but perhaps worth a try. Trouble is they would not be supported.

Regards,

Last edited:
Tank off

I've recently had both tanks off my (purchased) RV-6A, and it was a relatively easy job. [I had leaks, and needed to replace my fuel gage senders. Also re-flared a couple of fuel lines.]

-6 and -6A tanks are easier to remove than -7's.

FWIW and $.02

Back