What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

installation of afs fuel flow sensor

dhall_polo

Well Known Member
I plan to install between the spider and the servo, somewhere along the rear baffling I suppose. Anyone have any good pics or knowledge of any known good and typical installations?

Hi.

I placed it beetween the mechanical fuelpump and the servo, inboard of the induction and exhaust-tubes.
That was the only place I could find where the sensor would have straight lines in and out.
I wrapped the hole thing in two layers of firesleeve.

The servo is not screwed onto the engine or any other hardpoint. It just "hangs" on the fuelline.
The firesleeve makes the setup pretty rigid.

The FF-indication shows steady and correct indications and works well so far (27 hrs)

I can post pics in the beginning of next week.

Pics

Hi again.

Here's pics of my installation.

After the pics was taken, I sealed every firesleeve edge with high temp RTV (red).
The firesleeve material is bought fram Vans and ACS and are different sizes.

The hose is fastened with a hoseclamp where it passes (above) the induction tube to cyl # 2, otherwise unsupported.
Heatshields are used on both exhaust tubes.

This setup was the closest one to the AFS instruction manual I was able to.

In the last pic, you'll see my modified mix bracket. Thiis mod makes the mixarm go a more straight arm into the mix lever.

I've only 27 hours on the plane by now, but so far the setup seems to work well.
If you want more pics, I can send them to you directly. Just send me an e-mail.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back