What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inset windows on G3X Touch GDU460 - HELP NEEDED

Sportquattro

Well Known Member
A while back I posted a problem in that for some reason my G3X Touch will not let me set the en-route chart as one of the inset windows. Several people have said that this upgrade to the G3X Software works fine for them. In addition to not being able to display the en-route chart in the insert window, I cannot set it to run Track-up. Both of these were great additions to the most recent software update, they just don't want to work for me.

I can confirm I have updated to the Version 9.41 software, I have also made sure all my charts, maps etc are all up to date, I have tried re-installing the V9.41 software all to no avail.

When I try and set the en-route chart as an inset window this is the options I get:-

G3X1.jpg
I have compared this with a friends G3X touch that will show the en-route chart as an inset window and on his he has this as the options:-

Steves screenshot.jpg

The eagle eyed among you will note that he has the option "en-route chart" which mine doesn't show as an option, in addition he can run his chart in Track up mode whereas I can't.

I have now run out of ideas, I'm guessing for some reason the update to V9.41 hasn't 100% worked but am lost at any other ways to reload it.

Please can someone that is a whizz with Garmin Stuff come back with any suggestions tips or hints please?

Many thanks in advance.

Nige

Have you tried contacting Garmin product support? They might ask you to send a copy of your configuration so they can examine it.

The option to display enroute charts in an orientation other than north-up is in the Chart page option menu.

Back