What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Initial Certification Inspection Documentation?

DHeal

Well Known Member
Patron
I will soon have either an FAA FSDO inspector or DAR do the final certification inspection on my newly-completed RV-12 E-LSA. Prior to their inspection, do I, as the builder, need to enter a signed statement in the aircraft log that "I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on _____ in accordance with the scope and detail of appendix D to part 43 ...." OR do I not make such an entry in the log and instead rely upon my signed entry under "III-Owner's Certification" on Form 8130-6 "Application for US Airworthiness Certificate"?

I have taken the 16-hour LSA Repairman Inspection course, but have been waitng for the FAA/DAR visit to complete the paperwork. I'm wondering if I should make the "Condition Inspection" entry in the log prior to having my LSA Repairman Inspection certificate issued.

Thanks! -- David

Hi David-
In short, you should ask your DAR/FSDO about what they want you to have done ahead of time. Each DAR has slightly different expectations.
FWIW, my DAR said not to worry about it. He said we could take care of it at the inspection.
Good luck.

Are you in the OAK FISDO area? If so and you get their inspector, it will likely be Justin, a nice guy, and knowledgeable too. He wanted the logbook entry done before he arrived. E.g., you have inspected it yourself prior to his arrival.

Back