What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info Dallas Love field KDAL

leaker311

I need to pickup a passenger from love field that will be arriving on a SWA jet.

I was thinking about flying in there with my RV however I dont know how GA friendly they are; and, as good as Airnav is it is sometimes hard to read between the lines to get the real inside scoop.

Does anyone have experience with flying in and out of KDAL in a small airplane?

Thanks guys

Marco

Have done it a couple times recently in a Mooney to pick up pax, really not a problem. They are much friendlier to GA than places such as DFW.

Regal Aviation at KDAL

Outstanding customer service, even when you're not buying a thousand gallons of Jet-A.

I have only been there a handful of times in the last 8-10 years, but they have been really, really good.

DFW is a pain for GA, and they didn't have 100ll last time 8 went in (in spite of calling ahead to make sure).

Always had good luck at Jet Center in my PA-28.. controllers are really great also. I have flown into DAL 40 -50 times over the years and never a problem. Every once in a great while I will be asked to keep the speed up for a South West Jet behind.

Enjoy, expensive but, great place

Getting from the main terminal to general aviation could be a challenge. Don't know if GA is allowed to main terminal or not.
Otherwise flying into and out of Love is not a problem.
Remember, Love IS in Class B.

Worst case scenario - buy a topoff of their (relatively) high-dollar fuel and they will let you use the courtesy car to go out the gate, around the corner to the terminal, pick up your pax, and back around to the FBO. Been there, done that.

what fbo?

Greg,

What FBO do you regularly use i.e. is nice to the little guys?
I noticed Regal has changed hands, and is getting mixed ratings...
I heard 50 dollar ramp fees?

Marco

Marco,
Request 13L or 31R when you go to regional approach.

Landmark or
Business Jet Center
Or you might see if you can go to the museum on the south
end. Might save you some fees.
Have your pax take a 10.00 taxi ride to the east side.
Will save you a bunch of problems.
Hope it helps.

Jet Aviation used to not charge a ramp fee for pax pick ups or drop offs. They're a 5 minute walk from the curb of the terminal. The rest charge, or t least they used to.

TODR

Back