What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

infinity relay deck location

One Off Design Example

.....best place to put the Infinity relay deck.....photo wellcome...
Luke,

I doubt there is a truly "best" place to locate a flap relay deck. Once we get past building the basic airframe, a lot of what we create is open to personal interpretation and the end result will depend on your goals and "vision." One of my goals was to keep the back of the instrument panel free from as much circuitry as possible. I did that...partly by consolidating as many components as practical, including the flap relay deck on or behind a hinged console.

2uq192x.jpg
2j5iqe.jpg

I made a deck under the seat pan for relays. Starter, smoke, trim relays and speed controller, panel dimmer circut.

Couple pics here.

IMG_3858_small.JPG

IMG_3860_small.JPG

Infinity Relay

I mounted mine in the forward rightseat well behind the aileron push tube. Initially mounted it vertically against the fuselage, but discovered I had serious clearance issues with the floor angles. Finally mounted it horizantally on 2 1/8 inch alumnum spacer strips. Glued it on.
Paul Valovich
RV-8A N192NM LuJaRo
Fitting canopy skirts by inventing new curse words

Hi Luke,

I am not sure which terminal board you are using, and I don't have any photo's, but I am using the Infinity trim, and flap board with six relays on it. Due to it's size (about 4" X 6"), I located it on the inside of the right flap torque tube cover. There is also a terminal block here for all of the stick functions; Trim for both aileron and elevator, A/P disconnect, flaps, boost pump, PTT, and starter engage. It is a very easy location to access for service, just a few screws and it lies over in the passengers seat.

Good Luck

Scott

Back