What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity Grip co-pilot stick connector

jrouault

Well Known Member
Patron
For those of you that are using the Infinity stick grip (17 strand wire bundle) and have a removable co-pilot stick, what type of connector are you using? I am having problems finding a connector that will fit inside the stick.

Thanks,

Jason Rouault
http://www.rouault.us

Longer Cable

I ordered longer cables and put the relay box unfer the co-pilots seat.
Pete.

Co-Pilot stick needs to be removable

Hello Pete,

I am interested having the co-pilot stick removebale. This will require some kind of cylinderical connector that can fit inside the co-pilot stick. Problem is, I can't seem to find a connector that will fit.

Jason

Hello Jason,

On my -8, I have the rear seat stick removable, and while I don't have an Inifinity grip on it, I do have a PTT switch. I just drilled a hole to bring the wire bundle outside (down low, close to the bottom), and then have a separate Cannon-type plug to go into a jack. I think I understand what you're trying to do, and you might find it really difficult to locate a connector that is integral to the base of the stick, and contacts when you put it into place.

But go for it if you can - it would really be cool!

Paul

jrouault said:
For those of you that are using the Infinity stick grip (17 strand wire bundle) and have a removable co-pilot stick, what type of connector are you using? I am having problems finding a connector that will fit inside the stick.

Hi,

I'm also interested in having the right-hand stick be removable, and I'm also planning on Infinity grips. But where we differ is that I was planning to have the connector be external. Why do you think you want it to fit inside the stick?

Cheers,
Martin

Hey Martin,

I had not thought of having it external... I assume you would need to slot the bottom of the stick and also slot the base mount where the stick slides in so that the wires and connector could hang out.

Jason

I put a slot in the stick and have a 15 pin D subconnector that it connects to. Real quick to get out. Working great so far

Removable Stick

Ditto on the slotted stick and the D-Sub connector. 25 pin if you use all 17 wires (which I doubt) or 15 pin otherwise. The D-Sub Connector takes up less space and probably weighs less than a Cannon connector with similar number of pins.

Don't worry about the slot in the stick. If you pull (or push) hard enough in flight to bend a stick with a slot, you've already removed the wings anyway!

Mannan Thomason
RV-8 N161RL (No. One Girl)
64 hrs. of ear to ear grins!

Back