What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

infiniti grip installation, how much to clock?

petersb

Well Known Member
How much clocking, twist, did you use when installing your Infiniti grip, RV7 pilot side?

Can't trial fit as a mounting hole needs to be drilled at the correct position first, catch22.

Peter

Don't understand the problem!

How can the mounting hole be drilled before "fitting"?

I've done a lot of these. Always sit in the seat, hold grip in proper position, mark orientation, remove and drill.

The amount of offset is going to depend on each individual.

I will depend on how close you sit to the stick.

As a reference point, my Infinity grips are clocked about 22 degrees.

But Mel is right, you should test-fit to determine what angle works best for you.

One way you can do that is using the co-pilot stick (i.e. right seat), since that stick is removable and can be rotated at its base. This of course is possible only assuming you're doing a mirror image installation on the stick grips, and assuming you haven't drilled the base of the co-pilot stick yet. If this is the case, then keep reading. Fit the right hand Infinity grip to the co-pilot stick. Then insert the stick into its base and rotate it until you find the most comfortable position (with your right hand, sitting in the co-pilot seat). That's your answer. Now mirror that clocking angle for the pilot stick on the left side.

what is the 'normal' range of motion?

Just an observation here......I'd make a wild guess that the wrist angle should be that at rest, with all controls neutral.
If you were going to fudge it one way or the other, I'd say that we tend to 'pull' back on the stick, waaaaaaaaaay more than push forward, ( not counting your aerobatic guys!)
so, as you pull back, the wrist wants to curl in a bit, such as throughout the landing sequence, taxi, runup. etc. The rest of the time, you'll be trimming to relieve any pressure, so the grip position is only relevant when you're using the 62 buttons! :)

Back