What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Indianapolis PPL Student/RV Dreamer

KitCurious

I'm New Here
Hi RV community, a few months ago i started a life-long dream and began taking flight lessons (at KHFY). 11 hrs in and getting ready to solo. It's all i think about every day.. This is something i wished i'd started 16 years ago! (I'm 31).

Just got home from going to Airventure for the first time and now my new dream is to build a plane - hopefully an RV! But this time i don't want to wait 16 years..

I'm wanting to meet some local folks who are building, have built, know of classes, resources, mentorships, info, etc..

The goal would be to start building with my father as soon as one year and no longer than 3. In the meantime, I want to get involved in the local community of EAAers, and hopefully some RV8Rs!

I'm hoping to go to the look into EAA 900 and attend the taildragger fly-in at Post Air on the 17th. It's about the only thing i have found so far in the near future to hang around at.

You should PM or respond if:

You want some help building a kit
You want to take someone 'under your wing' who is passionate about all aviation
Especially if you work out of or near KHFY/KMQJ/KUMP/KEYE

Also possibly looking into buying a 150 to train in and build some hours for a couple years if it makes sense.. something <$15k or so..

Any insight is very much appreciated! This looks like a really great community and i can't wait to be part of it!

PM me or email jbensonsound AT gmail DOT com

You are welcome to come down to Martinsville, visit my shop, and talk RVs for as long as you would like. There are quite a few in the Indy area and they meet on a semi-regular basis for breakfast at Greencastle on Saturdays.

Jarrin, if you want some Aviation fun go to the Indy Air Race listed above....better yet call Linda and volunteer to help, you won't regret it.

Linda Street-Ely
281-734-0330

Thanks Brian, I had actually emailed Linda yesterday. I'll call her today if i don't hear back. I'll be there and would love to volunteer.

Welcome to the boards and KHFY! I bought a flying RV-4 just this summer and fly out of HFY about any nice day my schedule permits; generally a couple times a week. I haven't made it to the EAA Chapter meetings that are held on the field yet but I'd say that's a good place to start. Feel free to drop by hangar #70!

I'm going to try & make it to PostAir on the 17th as well, so perhaps you'll see me there.

Back