What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Impressive Performance @ Gross Weight

Geico266

Well Known Member
I was finally was able to fly at gross weight for a little "testing" to she how the IO-540 & the 10 work togeather. All I can say is wow! With a load of 1080 pounds of people, bagage, & fuel, 4,300' MSL, temp 20F. I was off the ground in about 1,000 feet with a climb rate of 900' - 1,100' per min at 110 MPH to 9,500'. Smooth as silk flight, easy to land 2 hours later. Passengers were very impressed with the comfort, smoothness, and ease of getting in & out from both side due to the gull wing doors. They were not happy I did not serve drinks.:cool:

Last edited:
Where is it 4,300 MSL in NE?

Have fun. Be safe

Sidney, NE. KSNY, Home of Calbellas. Land there and they have a car to use to drive over to hunter's heaven.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSNY

Actually, there are areas of NE that are 5,200' MSL. That's why I like flying in NE, the whole state is a runway. All you have to do here is look out for a few fences, center pivots, and cows. I can take off from my airport at 1,500' MSL climb to 4,000' and head west. The plane will land itself. :eek: (I'm kidding, do not try this at home.)

Last edited:
Back