What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm officially a builder!

bearair

Got the empennage kit for the 9A this evening when we got home from work. Man, the shipping was quick. It shipped on Wednsday and we got it today (Friday). Spent two hours doing a complete inventory and storing parts. Updated our kitlog, then just had to cleco the HS front spar together to see how wide it was and to say I got started! Both my wife and I are really getting excited about building our own plane. It's neat to think that this collection of parts will someday transport us to faraway places... Let the dreaming begin...

Robert Johnsen
RV9A

Excellent choice Robert! You will have so much fun building that it wont be long and you'll be thinking about your next project! Its truely and addiction. I clicked on your homepage and it goes to a free MP3 site? Keep us up to date on your progress. GOOD LUCK!

-Jeff

Congrats! Your gonna' have a blast putting it together. I'm almost finished with mine and have enjoyed every minute.

Actually Smitty, I've been watching your webpage since just after you started! I've started logging with Kitlog and have it on the web at their site, but they only have a provision for 3 pics for one entry. Have to make multiple entries for extra pictures. I had a blast building the practice kits and I had fun even doing the inventory last night. I'll be working on it for a good part of the day today.

Anyone have any good suggestions for creating a good builder's web page?

The homepage in my profile must have been a default when I signed up. I updated it with a link to my kitlog page.

Last edited:
Good luck Robert, let the parts begin! I also notice your from Nampa, I bought a real nice Tri-Pacer from a guy up there a few years ago that has served me well while I build. Glenn in Tucson -9A fuselage #90623

Me too!

I live just down the road from you in Fruitland, Robert. I'm as excited as you are to begin, but I'm still cleaning out the garage. It's amazing how much priceless junk one accumulates in 10 years. But I'm about there. We went to Van's last Columbus day and picked up our tail kit. Got to try on the various models for size. A short ride in the 9A with Scott made the decision for me. The next weekend after picking up the kit I attended the Synergy Air workshop, and for those who are wondering, the familiarization workshops are worth the money. So I have the tools, the kit, and almost the space to begin. In fact, I'm heading to the garage right now!

James Jennings
RV9(A?)
N94JJ reserved

Back