What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm in

wirejock

Well Known Member
Just purchased a assembled tail kit. Kinda nervous but in a good way. :D
Now I need some budget tools. Know anyone ready to sell some tools?

Good start Larry! If you purchased assembled tail why you need any tools? :)

Last edited:
Error

DOH! Unassembled. Not a single rivet. In fact, I plan to inventory it today just to be sure.

PlaneTools.com

Isham has some good toolkit setups. What I like is that his kits include some "luxury tool" items like pneumatic squeezers, the DRDT2 Dimpler and tungsten bucking bars. Check it out and see if there's a special.

Great to hear you're getting started Larry! Isham's does have some very good tool kits. Check out The Yard Store for refurbished tools...I bought a LOT of tools there.

Band-aids are a good start but make sure you get two different sizes,, one for #40 drill and one for #36.

Congrats! Larry, we all have been there, make sure you stay close to this forum.. and Think Ahead (it can make your life easier):D

If I did it over, for sure pneumatic squeezer

I have suffered from my hand squeezer after 5000 or so rivets and dimples with a bad case of tennis elbow and shoulder. Many others have too. Letting air pressure do the work for you will pay you many dividends. I even now use a pneumatic cleco gun to ease that never ending job of inserting and removing and reinserting and reremoving clecoes..... YMMV

Thanks everyone. If there are any builders around the Central TX area, I would love to offer my hands in exchange for some OJT! Better to learn it now then after the mistake is made.

I'm ready to sell tools! ;)

But seriously I would love to send you a quote and discuss the differences in our tools vs. the competition. If you find some used tools, send me the list and I will look it over and give you recommendations on how to fill in the gaps.

Thanks for keeping us in mind,
Mike

-

Thanks, I'll take you up on it. Working with a local builder who <fingers crossed> might sell some used RV tools.

Congrats on your decision to build an RV! Started mine 6 years ago and I am ready for my airworthiness inspection. I purchased ALL my tools from Cleveland Aircraft Tools. Excellent service from both the tools as well as the company. Enjoy yor new journey. I sure have enjoyed mine!

Back