What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm in.

Don Vosgien

I'm New Here
I found an RV9 empennage kit on EBay and purchased it. I guess I am now an official builder. We (the wife and I) are going to build her as a 9A slider with the O-235 L2C for day night VFR. Our S/N is 90868. 868 was the first F-100 Super Saber that I worked on as a Crew Chief back in 1964. Must be an omen. N942DV reserved. Only 12,000 rivets to go.

Don Vosgien Cocoa, FL

Welcome!

Glad to have you in the fold, Don. It's gratifying to see how many people have been opting for the RV-9A lately. Of course, it is the finest design in this or any other universe;).
If you haven't already, be sure to contact Van's about getting yourself on their records as the builder/owner of #90868.

Don,
You got yourself a wonderful flying machine. For now you are going to face a lot of challenges as all of us did. In sailing they say, "when in doubt let it out". It works here too. Instead of let the main sheet out, you just let your questions out on the forum. You have a lot of supports here.
Congratulations on your project.

Welcome

Don: you will be really happy with your 9A choice. I know that I am. I was a first time builder with no where near the airplane background that you have. Many have said it before, it takes persistence and make sure that you take time out for other obligations while you are building. Sounds like you have a supportive building partner already, so you are way ahead of the game.

We flew our 9A from coastal Georgia to Colorado and back this summer and had a very nice and memorable trip. It is a fast, smooth flying airplane. You will love it.

Don, my new friend,

Great! Now you gotta get to work on that workshop! Hope to see you at the EAA meeting next week. Be sure to drop by my shop in a couple weeks to see my new fuselage kit after it arrives.

Jeff

Congratulations

Hi guy! Welcome to the group, I hope you get as much pleasure out of building as the rest of us.

Congrats! It looks like you got a nice deal to start the project, too! Enjoy building!

Mike

Welcome to the 9A club! After years of flying a lot of different airplanes, this one is near the top of the list. It is a great flying bird that is docile and forgiving but also has the performance to make it a good cross country airplane. I now have just under 100 hours on mine including a 2-day trip from Anchorage, Alaska to Portland, Oregon.

keith
N355RV

Welcome to the 9A club! After years of flying a lot of different airplanes, this one is near the top of the list. It is a great flying bird that is docile and forgiving but also has the performance to make it a good cross country airplane. I now have just under 100 hours on mine including a 2-day trip from Anchorage, Alaska to Portland, Oregon.

keith
N355RV

Nice! Do you have pics of your trip? What was your flight plan and how was the trip?

Back