What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm committed now...

eMKay

Everything seems to be in order, and Petabyte (the cat) has inspected the contents and everything meets with his satisfaction. I'm still awaiting tools.

IMG_0872.jpg

Awesome, just make it look like the top left picture in the builder's manual and you'll be all set!;)

Enjoy

You will learn all sorts of great new skills, meet all sorts of great people and end up with a GREAT airplane of your own. Enjoy it all.

If the cat approves, you're set! (Warning...they really love to help you "sort" rivets. :))

Last edited:
Reminds me of

A lady took her pet bird to the vet and got bad news from him that the bird was dead, not just asleep.

The lady asked for a second opinion so the vet brought in his Labrador dog who sniffed the bird, shook his head and walked out. Sorry he has passed on said the vet.

That means nothing said the lady I want more proof than that. So the vet brought in his cat, who sniffed the bird, shook his head and walked out. Sorry he is dead said the vet.

All right how much do I owe you the lady said. Well if you had accepted my word there would be no charge, but now you have had the lab test and the cat scan so thats $300 please!

I guess you got your scan for free.

The nine is a great aeroplane I love mine.

what fun it is

I seriously loved digging through the parts, documents and getting it started! What fun it is.
best of luck,
Lynn Hall

A lady took her pet bird to the vet and got bad news from him that the bird was dead, not just asleep.

The lady asked for a second opinion so the vet brought in his Labrador dog who sniffed the bird, shook his head and walked out. Sorry he has passed on said the vet.

That means nothing said the lady I want more proof than that. So the vet brought in his cat, who sniffed the bird, shook his head and walked out. Sorry he is dead said the vet.

All right how much do I owe you the lady said. Well if you had accepted my word there would be no charge, but now you have had the lab test and the cat scan so thats $300 please!

I guess you got your scan for free.

The nine is a great aeroplane I love mine.

LOL that's a good one.

Re: Committed...

Really, you're "involved."

As in a breakfast of bacon and eggs, someone once told me the difference between 'committed' and 'involved.'

For the breakfast, the pig was committed, the chicken was involved:D

Best,

Really, you're "involved."

As in a breakfast of bacon and eggs, someone once told me the difference between 'committed' and 'involved.'

For the breakfast, the pig was committed, the chicken was involved:D

Best,

You're right, I'm involved. When I order the empennage THEN I'm committed

Still involved......

When you get several years in it and fork out $ for the power plant, then you're committed!

Enjoy the journey.....one day you'll run out of parts and get to fly it!

When your engine arrives and you understand that all sheet metal work was just a warm up, then you are committed :D.

PS If you are in the City late fall come for a ride.

When your engine arrives and you understand that all sheet metal work was just a warm up, then you are committed :D.

PS If you are in the City late fall come for a ride.

I'm in the city a few times a year, might take you up on that!

Have fun! I am 4 years in to this thing and it is hard to believe I am nearing the end of the construction journey. I am ready to fly, but also thinking about what to build next. Problem is, I can't think of anything else to build that can do what I want that my 9 can't.

How 'bout a really short field airplane?

Your -9 can't get off in 43' in a 15 MPH headwind but a Zenith 701 can!
It also can't land in 200'...a 701 can. Think outback, rough, unimproved strips on a hillside...you, girfriend/wife and a tent:)...'scuze me ...girlfriend OR wife....and a tent:D

Best,

Back