What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I'm back in the game!!

AntiGravity

Well Known Member
My fuselage kit with al my goodies finally arrived. Seems like I haven't done anything for months; wait, I haven't!! I'm still in the middle of inventory (look at all those parts!), but I hope to make a start next week. Looking at that huge pile of bits is quite overwhelming. More so than when I unpacked the wings! I'm quietly impressed about how much of the new PP fuselage is pre-punched and pre-fabricated. Even the lower longerons are pre-punched!

Some photos on my kitlog from today and yesterday. More photos of the Classic Aero seats, Tom Clark Fastback kit and Grove airfoil gear in the next few days.

I'm a happy bunny again! :)

My wings ship April 2.

I dread and can't wait for the inventory if you know what I mean. I'm at a stand still as the emp is 99% done so nothing to do but wait. :rolleyes:

Congrats on getting the fuse in

How many hours did you have on the wings and how much of that was tank time (curious as I farmed out my tanks to Evan J).

:D :D :D

Wing construction

Hi Grant,

Kitlog Pro tells me I spent 467 hrs on the wings. That includes fitting of the fibreglass tips with #6 screws, wing tip lights, duckworks leading edge lights, Evans pitot tube and the Angle-of-Attack Pro ports. And I did the same: farmed out my tanks to Evan. Mind you, I did have to pull them apart again to satisfy the fuel tank bulletin that Vans released :)

Cheers,

A pain!

Yeah, it was a bit of a pain in the proverbial, but it wasn't too bad either. And I got to leak test 'em again!

Back