What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFR pitot static check

crxcte

I'm New Here
Anyone in North Texas or So. OK that can perform a IFR pitot static transponder check at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Chris

Try Walt Aranow (972) 539-2477 at 52F

or

Mike Ferrer (817) 422-2714 based at Stagecoach Hills Asirpark 4TX2.

Chris

Last edited:
Anyone in North Texas or So. OK that can perform a IFR pitot static transponder check at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Chris

Give me a call and we can get it done for you. I also have lots of info on my website. I am located at Northwest Regional Airport, 5 miles east of Alliance.

We can do IFR or VFR, whatever you need.

No pitot check required (common misconception). Static check required by 91.411.

True, however, this term comes from the "big iron" world where "all" airplanes are pressurized. On a pressurized aircraft you do have to have a pitot system that is leak free (within limits) so you can check the static system at max differential pressure. To do that you have to run both systems up to some altitude generally 10K ft and higher. So the pitot system gets tested as a by-product of testing the static system.

But you are correct there are no limits or requirement for testing the pitot system in the FAR's .

Back