What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iFlyGPS on mini locks up

kjlpdx

Well Known Member
this worked fine during the trial period. this morning I paid for the subscription. I charted a go direct route to SPB to buy gas. never touched or looked at it until I get back in after fueling up. the screen was locked up. it wouldn't expand, reduce. I try to relaunch, but it just comes back to the same image. I close the cover to shut it off, no difference. I come home and still can't make it do anything. some crosshairs have appeared that measure distances on the screen. the vector screen has been reduced to 1 x 1?", white everywhere else.
so are others having problems with this software? I don't know enough about apple products to delete the pgm and reload it. I'm glad I wasn't on an X/C trip needing fuel.

Call them tomorrow. When I owned an iFly, their technical support was very accommodating. You would think that would extend to the new iPad software.

I hope so. I did just delete the software and it is now reloading. after I paid, it didn't do any map downloads, I guess because it was using the trial period maps? so what do you use now?

I hope so. I did just delete the software and it is now reloading. after I paid, it didn't do any map downloads, I guess because it was using the trial period maps? so what do you use now?

I had an iFly 720. There were a couple of things that I didn't like, so I did some horse trading and ended up with a Garmin 695. I also have WingX on my iPhone/iPad. I really like the Garmin (I was a long time avoider of Garmin - I prefer not to run with the herd), and WingX has been outstanding.

I have the software

on my iFly 720 and my iPad mini retina and an iPad 2 ---- I have the latest downloads ---- running in my -6A ---- just yesterday used them all --- so far, no problems.

I agree that the iFly support is second to none - I have occasions where the 720 would "lock up", but a re-boot would take care of it. No problems at all on the iPads.

R.

I originally had an ifly720. I had many problems with it locking up. they sent me new cards, software, nothing fixed it. I took an x/c flight from OR to OH and had no problems. week later it would lock up. I think it is related to that satellite view option, although turning that feature off didn't cure mine. ifly support told me that I was the only person experiencing any problems. marv golden was able to return my unit. after studying several other options I decided to go the ipad mini route. the iflymini worked fine during the trial period, so I was optimistic that their software would work fine on the ipad platform. now I feel like an idiot for my choice.
I don't like flying looking at a sectional, too cluttered. I also don't like having to key in airport ids to get info on them. I also like having a map show up when I turn the gps on. some pkgs seem to require some flight plan in order to show a map, although that may be my inexperience. I may just pony up and buy the garmin subscription.

Back