What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

iFlightPlanner.com

Hangar 1271

Well Known Member
Being someone effected by the FlyQ EFB issue, I started looking at alternatives. I found iFly EFB which looked like a real alternative for about $130/year as I want more than 2 devices. Not paying attention to the details, I started looking at the AOPA option which I thought was the iFly but turns out to be iFlightPlanner (IFP). Both iFly and IFP offer an extra year to lifetime members of FlyQ and the IFP, as an AOPA member is $80/year for the IFR option. With the discount, the iFly is $130 (it may be a little more if the discount isn't on the total but just the base product) for the first 2 years and IFP is $80. $40/yr for an IFR EFB is really good and $80 is about 1/3 of FF. So, I bought it. It has been very challenging to migrate from FlyQ to IFP with the amount of information I need to enter/create and learn the differences between them. Most of the issues have been mine (not understanding how it works, not pushing the right button, that type of thing). John at IFP has been incredibly responsive and helpful, even in the evening and on the weekend, and interested in my issues.

For those of you considering options, I suggest you give it a try. It is a little more limited than FlyQ (maybe as there are pluses and minuses) but it certainly worth the look.

Back