What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

If I only knew

Close to finishing 25 hours of drilling and match drilling all the skins on the fuselage.

I was looking at the mess on the floor, and I dawned on me, if I had known , and put a little more effort in capturing and collecting all the aluminum tailings and waste,

I think I would have some good beer money 😁

Close to finishing 25 hours of drilling and match drilling all the skins on the fuselage.

I was looking at the mess on the floor, and I dawned on me, if I had known , and put a little more effort in capturing and collecting all the aluminum tailings and waste,

I think I would have some good beer money 😁

Ha!
Sadly, at roughly 40 cents a pound for 2024, your entire airplane will only be worth a few hundred bucks scrap. You might have a couple bucks worth of “drill scrapings” after the entire project.

They sure pile up though!

I didn't save the drilling scrap, but every piece cut off fabricating was saved. I have over 20lbs. Almost enough for a six pack of BuckHorn. :LOL:

I save all the little pieces of scrap and cut-offs and throw them in 5 gallon buckets separating steel and aluminum. We have regular metal scrappers that cruise by on garbage day and are happy to collect the scrap material. Happy to help them out.

Back