What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IDIOT!!!

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Anyone wanna trade a nicely fabricated T-905L for their angle stock? Yep, I made 2 left ones instead of one left and one right - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

d507c8eb.jpg

7cf851fd.jpg

It's still a little proud of final size so custom adjustments can be done.

Must be a lot of idiots out there building RV's. I've seen this identical post many times. I may have posted one myself. :D

Good Company

So I'm in good company. Someone therefore must have the other half of the AA6-187X2X2 1/2 they had to buy... Anyone willing to part with it?

???

OK, I went back to my left over stock and was able to fabricate the following from what I had left:

6e96c45f.jpg

It was a little short, and the yellow triangle at the top shows what would have been there if what I had left over had been longer.

6e96c45f-1.jpg

It's 5/16" shorter than planned. Anyone have an opinion on this? Acceptable?

As long as your fastener holes for the AD4 rivets don't violate edge margin requirements I can't see that ever being a problem.

Nope, just the left one. I didn't want to build them both together in case they leaked. I figured if the first one leaked I might learn from that how to make the second one leak proof.

I think your new bracket looks fine as long as you have enough edge next to the rivet hole.
If you would prefer I do have a piece left from my goof.
Let me know, I could ship Thursday but I am out of town tomorrow.
I just measured mine and it may not be any better than yours. The usable inside angle length is 3.75".
Let me know I will check this thread in the morning.

Use it, build on

OK, I went back to my left over stock and was able to fabricate the following from what I had left:

It's 5/16" shorter than planned. Anyone have an opinion on this? Acceptable?

In my completely unprofessional opinion, I can't see any reason why that could possibly be a problem. I say use it and build on. If you are worried about it you could always call vans of course, but my gut feeling says it is acceptable.

good luck

I think your new bracket looks fine as long as you have enough edge next to the rivet hole.
If you would prefer I do have a piece left from my goof.
Let me know, I could ship Thursday but I am out of town tomorrow.
I just measured mine and it may not be any better than yours. The usable inside angle length is 3.75".
Let me know I will check this thread in the morning.

Mark, thanks for the offer, but that's just about what I have - 3.75".
I think I'll send the pics to Vans and see what they say.

T.

Tom,

Having two left brackets need not be wasted effort! Start a second airplane, and build two right ones...

Bob

Back