What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Idea !! This one is for you, DR

Pilottonny

Well Known Member
As you know, this website has become to popular :cool: and there is sometimes hundreds of new threads/posts, in the forums, per day. I find it impossible to go through each one every day. But....... sometimes there may be posts (I know, I know, in the "safety" section) that are about AD's, but I will miss them.

I came across an AD regarding ECi cylinders the other day, by accident, that I had not noticed on the forums (maybe it has not been addressed, I did not search for it).

My question is: could it be possible to create some sort of direct link to a special thread section, where we can all post AD's and the like? So you do not have to go through every post, but you can just check that link every now and then, to make sure you have not missed any of the suppliers AD's, safety advices, etc. Maybe with a possibilty to subscribe to it, so you get an email allert, if anything new is posted?

Regards, Tonny.

That is for certified aircraft, right?

Patrick,

For example: Trutrak is now shipping out special screws (if you order them) to replace screws on the servo's, that nearly caused a real problem for one of our fellow RV'ers. You will not find that on there! And if you missed the post in the forums................., you are not ordering the new screws and are still stuck with a problem, without even knowing about it, right?

That is what I mean.

Thanks for replying anyway, Tonny.

Sorry, you posted about ADs. If it's something unofficial, the #1 best place for info is the manufacturer. For instance, I would never depend on the VAF forums for info on my Blue Mountain EFIS; not only might I miss a posting but it's also likely that the info might not be posted on VAF in a timely manner. That's not a slam on Doug's site; it's a great place to discuss such things but it's not intended to be an update clearinghouse.

Back