What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A210 & Bose A20 compatibility

Derek

My newly flying aircraft ( 10 hrs) is fitted with an ICOM A210 transceiver, all appears to be working using either a Bose X or David Clark headset. However when I try using a Bose A20 headset, it won't transmit or receive, also the sidetone is extremely feint almost non existent.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ?

Odd man out!

If the other two work it almost has to be the third set, maybe just a setting on the headset or a bad plug.
Try the Bose in another plane.
Tim

Can you neither xmit on the radio...nor hear anyone?
If one problem or the other.... diagnostic path will be different.
As suggested, take it to another plane to see if problems go there too.
A210 has easy side tone adjust and also mic gain, right from the front controls. BUT, don't tweak those until you see if it is the Bose wiring/plugs/etc.
Inspect full length of cord... maybe a slider got closed on it... or similar damage.

Crisis Over

Thanks guys for your replies, soon after posting this thread I've found that I had the wire on the headphone jack connected to the ring, looks like the older type headsets will work with the wire connected to either the ring or the tip.

I moved the headset wire to the tip of the jack, problem solved ! The Bose A20 now works.

Back