What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Icom 200 tuner knob loose

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Lately I've had 2 issues with my Icom 200.

The first issue I track to possible poor installation by the builder :eek: ...yes that was me. The snap ring for the antenna connector in the back of the tray popped off. So the antenna had poor connection and worked sometimes then sometimes NOT. Jammed it back together to get home and while not easy to fix I should be able to get r done.

Also while trouble shooting the transmit/receive issue I noticed the tuner knob is loose. Both big and small knobs seem to be loose internally and can move up/down 1/16-1/8".

1. Anyone else see this?
2. Is there a way to tighten up these knobs without sending it to repair station?
3. I'm thinking of adding a second radio next winter...should I just drop in a 210 Icom for now in this tray and use the 200 for the 2nd radio after repair?

Easiest way to get that snap ring on is to pick up a piece of brass tube from the K&S brass tube bin at your local hobby shop or Ace HW. Get tube the same dia as the snap ring. Pushes right on.

As for the loose knob, you should be able to fix that. Shoot, you built an airplane! Dig in.

Heck, what was I thinking.

Got it all fixed up. Took longer to research and write that post than the fixes took.

Back