What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IBBS 3AH - Fuse Ouputs?

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Some of the essential Garmin components such as GEA24, GAD29, and GSU25 are on 2A breakers. Each line out max is 3.5A from the IBBS.

Should some type of circuit protection be used on the IBBS out circuits such as an inline fuse or am I just being paranoid?

Some of the essential Garmin components such as GEA24, GAD29, and GSU25 are on 2A breakers. Each line out max is 3.5A from the IBBS.

Should some type of circuit protection be used on the IBBS out circuits such as an inline fuse or am I just being paranoid?

From the IBBS installation manual:
Output Power connections: Pins 12,13,14,15: The IBBS-12v-3ah has four output pins. These pins provide power to the connected load. These four wires may be paralleled together for redundancy and load current sharing. Use 20 awg wire for each pin. Maximum output current of 3.5 amps per pin and 5 amps maximum continuous combined. The output wires of the IBBS system are protected with a single 10 amp, MINI fuse. This fuse is accessible on the side of the enclosure.

Also, I know that page 18 shows the IBBS connected to the GAD 29, but I can't see where it makes any sense to back up the GAD 29 in most 3ah applications.

IBBS Output Fuses

See the attached PDF diagram for how I ended up wiring the IBBS outputs. I wanted many of the output wires to be 22awg, so decided it was best to individually fuse them, otherwise 10A could run through them before the IBBS fuse blows?

Attachments

• IBBS.pdf
    139.2 KB · Views: 70
Back