What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I think I screwed up (WH-P30)

kritsher

Well Known Member
I just routed the stabilator trim wires and secured them with tie wraps, per the instructions on page 10-08. Only then did I notice that on one end, the wires have crimp pins (they were wrapped in tape). Perhaps I'm missing it, but I can't find any indication whether those pins should go at the forward or aft end of the wire. I'm guessing they should go forward for eventual insertion into a connector, but unfortunately I installed them aft.

Can someone please confirm the correct installation before I cut all my nice neat tie wraps?

Thanks

Crimp pins on other end

You could crimp new pins on the other end. You might end up doing that anyway because some pins break off. Or you could pull out the wire and reverse it, whatever is easier. Attach a string to wires before pulling them out. The string will pull the wires back in.
Joe

You could crimp new pins on the other end. You might end up doing that anyway because some pins break off. Or you could pull out the wire and reverse it, whatever is easier. Attach a string to wires before pulling them out. The string will pull the wires back in.
Joe

Joe is right, crimp new pins...with the right tool, its the easiest crimping you will ever do. Just be sure to get your pins from a reputable source...they are not expensive.

order the tool and spare pins from Stein. I had mine reversed and it was a pain to get in the tail to cut the tie wraps and reverse the cable. I needed the tool later anyway since a couple of wires didn't come with pins. It would have been much easier to just crimp new pins.

Back