What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I relent, the engine package is a great deal

Rick of Austin

Well Known Member
I initially asked if the -12 could be built less expensively since was in sticker shock over the engine and avionics package.
Now that I have had a chance to read all the service bulletins that show the amount of engineering and manufactured parts that are included in the engine installation package I realize like usual you can't beat Vans Aircraft for quality, bang for the buck and completeness of the kits.
At first I didn't compare apples to apples when looking at the lycoming vs the Rotax costs
When you consider that after you buy a lycoming you still need the mounts, exhaust, intake, oil cooling system, baffles, fuel delivery system, etc, etc which are all included with the modern little Rotax I have a new found fondness for.
Thanks again Van for coming out with a kit that will keeps lots of pilots flying!
;)

Me too

At first look, it seems that $27M is a lot for a Rotex but, as you mentioned, we get a lot more in the RV-12 fwf package. Prop too!:cool:

Back