What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I-phones and Bluetooth

Strasnuts

Well Known Member
Just thought I would let everyone know if your Bluetooth audio panel or anything else for that matter doesn't sync to your new Iphone it is most likely the software in the unit is outdated. Apparently Apple doesn't have any protocol with the software changes and the effects it has on external devices. We have all experienced this with the charging jacks! My iphone 3GS would not link up to my PS9000 so I tried it in Scott's plane with the new PS8000BT. It worked flawless in Scott's. I called PS Engineering and they stated it is because Apple is the only company that has no protocol for software upgrades. All other blue tooth phones should work great but if you have a new iphone that doesn't, you need to return your audio panel back to PS Engineering for a free update. He said there is a good chance the new Iphone 5's will have the same problem so be advised.

That is amazing. PSE told me today that it will cost 199.00 for software to update mine. Mine is older but needs the same software? Larry

Back