What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I get bored easily...

Lemmingman

Well Known Member
I'm waiting for a new forward spar for the hs because it was damaged in manufacturing. I'm also waiting for a new rudder skin which I damaged because I wasn't paying attention (doh!). My vs is completed and up in the attic. Should I start my elevators without having the hs finished, or does it matter.

I agree with Scott - find something else and get to work - and order the next kit! If you truly get bored easily, having as many kits on hand as possible will give you the chance to move from task to task at a whim. I never really build in the order of the plans - there are too many things I like workign on - and quite a few that I don't - it's important to mix those in so that they don't all accumulate at the end. i tend to do that with fiberglass tips....;)

Paul

The rudder frame is something I can do while waiting, so I started that last night after posting this and going out to read through the instructions. I do worry a little about having too many sub-assemblies in various stages of build. I keep pretty good notes in the margins of my manual. I'm going to have to come up with a storage method to make sure I dont lose the little parts that can get lost.

Gil,

I think having multiple assemblies that are partially completely may just be a part of this type of project. I had to order some -7 length rivets to allow me to finish my HS. My VS is ready for primer that I wasn't ready to start the last night I was working on the plane. Then I started fabbing pieces of the rudder. I too don't want all of these almost finish parts, but I think we might as well get used to it. I finally figured its always better to do whatever work you can if you have time available.

Back