What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I finished my panel upgrade.

Did you do your own wiring harness or did you have it done?
I am redoing my panel and I am thinking about Nelson Aviation for my wire work. Any suggestion on that?

Did you do your own wiring harness or did you have it done?
I am redoing my panel and I am thinking about Nelson Aviation for my wire work. Any suggestion on that?
Hi, I did it myself. I can only speak for Dynon but it's very easy to do. I had no experience with this sort of thing starting out. You just follow the instructions and it comes together. I understand that Dynon manuals are geared toward home builders, so fairly easy to follow. I don't have first hand experience with Garmin, but when I was researching, I read that their manuals and wiring had more of an expectation that professional doing the work. I could be wrong, just what I read.

Anyway, I did this entire project completely on my own (Except for the actual aluminum panel which Aircraft Specialty cut and painted for me). It was a lot of work but not that hard and everything worked the first time around. Again, I have no experience with avionics before this.

Back