What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I finally have a hangar

cstanley

In 2006, prior to ordering anything from Van's, I put my name on the hangar list at KGTU. Today, over four years later, I got a call from Travis telling me that my name had finally come up on the list, and I had a choice from TWO -count'em- TWO hangars. One is very old and part of a 4 bay building. The other was part of the "new" t-hangar row. I am now the proud tenant of the old hangar at $170.00 per month. I didn't see much sense in paying the additional $100.00/mo for a newer garage. Others on site renting from private hangar-owners are paying $300+ per month. The timing couldn't be better, as I'm finishing my wings and am going to start working on the fuselage soon. It is less than 1.5 miles from my house. I am excited!

0y2vIJnKfkuUeCxaR1bWBuBhoI9gfL28ILnqBoYOFQQ

Last edited:
Congrats! This is a huge problem for many of us. Lack of hangars was also one of the main reasons I sold my RV-7. After 5 years on the list I now have a hangar that can hold 2 RV's so I am happy and may build again.

Lucky you. Congratulations. Looks like you live in right part of the country. I was on waiting list at an airport for couple years and looks like they scrambled the list. Now I went to other one and hope to get a place in a chicken coop by May.

Congrats! This is a huge problem for many of us. Lack of hangars was also one of the main reasons I sold my RV-7. After 5 years on the list I now have a hangar that can hold 2 RV's so I am happy and may build again.

Sold for no hanger....I'd use a tie down spot first and just wait....

In 2006, prior to ordering anything from Van's, I put my name on the hangar list at KGTU. Today, over four years later, I got a call from Travis telling me that my name had finally come up on the list, and I had a choice from TWO -count'em- TWO hangars. One is very old and part of a 4 bay building. The other was part of the "new" t-hangar row. I am now the proud tenant of the old hangar at $170.00 per month. I didn't see much sense in paying the additional $100.00/mo for a newer garage. Others on site renting from private hangar-owners are paying $300+ per month. The timing couldn't be better, as I'm finishing my wings and am going to start working on the fuselage soon. It is less than 1.5 miles from my house. I am excited!

0y2vIJnKfkuUeCxaR1bWBuBhoI9gfL28ILnqBoYOFQQ

Welcome to the neighborhood. You're within 100' of 22C's home.

Back