What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hydraulic fluid leakage

aussi

I'm New Here
I have a very slow leak where one of the brass elbows screws into the right lower pilots pedal. I sealed the fittings with Dripstop 940 and all other joints are OK. I removed the offending elbow and resealed it however I could have tighten it more but not a full turn. There still persists a small weep. Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix?

Rt. Break fitting leak

I have the same problem. Tried everything including 567. Still leaks. There is know way I can get another turn on fitting. Probably will end up buying another cylinder. Ron Russ:mad:

Locktite 567

Take the elbow out and clean it and the threads in the master cylinder thoroughly- Apply Locktite 567 to the elbow threads and turn it in to the point where it should go Do NOT turn it and and then back it out some. Let it sit overnight and refill/bleed the system. Ask me hoe I know.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Can you get some additional fittings to try? I don't know why, but different fittings will tighten to different clock positions. Where on one you might not be able to get quite a full rotation, another one will work well. Variations in the manufacturing process, I guess. Also, I suggest Permatex #2 for the sealant.

Back