What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS-710 and HS-714

HBpilot

Just have a question regarding the HS-710 and HS-714.
On the plans DWG 3, looking at the view A-A. There are 4 holes where it says "enlarge/drill 3/16 dia. in assembly with fuselage, 4 places".
Is that something that will be done later on, or should it be drilled through with the HS-702 ? I already drilled a couple of them, is this a big deal ?

Thanks.

It's not a big deal but the intent was that you wait until you had the part positioned on the fuselage before final drilling. You can proceed but you will need to be extra-careful when final-drilling the holes you pre-drilled so that you don't enlarge them. Even then, there are techniques to allow you to get a good hole/bolt fit at that point.

thanks.
What confused me, was the fact that how are you supposed to deburr HS-710 and HS-702 if you drill later on ? These 2 parts are supposed to be riveted while building the HS. I guess the answer is, it doesn't matter.

The 710 is tight up agianst the 702 front spar web after riveting, so when you drill in assembly with the fuselage, drilling won't cause a burr on those faying surfaces. You'll still be able to deburr the forward and aft faces after drilling.

Back