What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS-702 Relief notch edge distance

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Again, another newbie question. When I was creating the relief notch on the HS-702 I went too deep and got too close to the nearest hole. The distance from the edge of the hole to the edge of the piece is .212. 2x the diameter is .250. Do I need to reorder a new HS-702? I am afraid I already know the answer:( Again thanks in advance for the help. I received a lot of answers from the question I posted last night and I really appreciate the help.
IMG_4388.jpg

... When I was creating the relief notch on the HS-702 I went too deep and got too close to the nearest hole. The distance from the edge of the hole to the edge of the piece is .212. 2x the diameter is .250. ...

Edge distance should be a minimum of two hole diameters measured from the edge of the material to the center of the hole, not the edge of the hole.

So if you have 0.212 to the edge of the hole, then you have 0.212 + 0.125/2 = 0.2745 to the center of the hole. So you're ok.

Slow down a bit and work carefully. You can always remove more material, but you can't put it back. "Measure twice, cut once."

Last edited:
Back