What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS-702 - Please Advice !

Hi there!, need advice about my two HS-702, i just run up a little and made a mistake on the relief notch place. I end up with two of them. Do I need to order another one from vans ?

Thanks,
Alex
RV-7 empennage under construction

ZUFy7k0dJd_D2N3KHt59S4xep9OlY2E0AzMabQnmVYU

Picture link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZUFy7k0dJd_D2N3KHt59S4xep9OlY2E0AzMabQnmVYU?feat=directlink

Send it to Van's

I would send the picture to Vans at [email protected]. They will either tell you to "Build on" or to order two more 702's. That's what I've done in the past when I messed up.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Don,

Hi Don! And thanks for reply, I did send to vans and they said is ok to proceed unless i have enough edje distance to the closest rivet, but i also would like to hear about other builders, as far as i am in south america, any mistake puts me 4 to 5 weeks behind, this is the time parts arrive here. Too bad huh?

Take care,
Alex

I made the same mistake on my kit. Just like Vans told me, be sure you have adequate edge distance. Mine worked out just fine. Quick lesson to read and re read the drawings.

I would think it is ok to build on. I made a mistake when trying to trim the flange bend to have a flat web (so it will look nice). It ended up trimming some material away from the web adjacent to the notch. But luckily I have enough edge margin. I sent a picture to Vans, they said it's not a concern. To be sure, send a picture to Vans.

Shawn
RV7 - Empennage

I made the same mistake on my kit. Just like Vans told me, be sure you have adequate edge distance. Mine worked out just fine. Quick lesson to read and re read the drawings.

Hi Trevor, thanks for reply, i?m glad i am not alone on this mistake, do you still have pictures of yours, so i can compare to mine?s?, There?s a little voice coming into my left year saying: "you are the one that?s going to ride that thing!, go change it !" hehehe

I would think it is ok to build on. I made a mistake when trying to trim the flange bend to have a flat web (so it will look nice). It ended up trimming some material away from the web adjacent to the notch. But luckily I have enough edge margin. I sent a picture to Vans, they said it's not a concern. To be sure, send a picture to Vans.

Shawn
RV7 - Empennage
Hi Shawn, thanks for reply, yeah it´s really sad making mistakes, even more from 6.500 miles from Vans Aircraft! and parts takes forever to get here, but for security matter, i can wait. Actually Vans said it´s ok to proceed, but it´s also good getting other oppinions.
Take care,
Alex

Back