What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Howdy from Wichita!

ScottC

I'm New Here
Hey guys,
I'm new here and in keeping with tradition of some other bulletin boards I post to, I'll introduce myself...

I'm a future RV-7 builder (plan to start late this year or early next year). I currently work at Midwestern Aircraft Systems (formerly Boeing) in Wichita, KS as an aircraft structures engineer - also known as a stress guy.

I have about 125 hrs flight experience so far, with the last 10-15 in a Mooney M20F. Let me tell ya, that's a nice way to travel! I fully expect the RV-7 to surpass that experience in almost every way. I've taken one ride in a -7A courtesy of Doyle ___...sorry Doyle, I've forgetten your last name....and I had the RV grin from startup to shutdown! :D

Being young, single, with no kids, I'm planning to build my "dream plane". My current plans are for a new IO-360 with electronic ignition and a glass panel with a GNS 430 and dual display EFIS. I've been doing a little research into the EFIS manufacturers and really like what I see from Chelton, but that sucker sure is pricey! I expect that by the time I'm ready to put gadgets in the panel there will be a whole new generation of displays out there.

So anyway, I'm gonna lurk around the site for a while and hope to meet some of you in the Wichita area.

Happy Landings!
-scott

Back