What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to Order FwF?

Jamie

Well Known Member
Which Exhaust?

Nevermind previous question...got a new one though!

Can someone tell me if the XP-360 used the same exhaust as the IO-360M1B? I'm assuming they do, but Van's is confusing me because they also sell an exhaust called "EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR", but I think it's ONLY for the composite forward facing sump. I'm using vertical induction.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jamie:

I have a TMX-IO-360 with vertical induction. Vans had me buy the O-360 FWF. My understanding is that the exhaust will fit the vertical induction.

Some other FWF alterations are needed:
Delete:
VA-149-360-PC throttle mixture bracket
Gascolator
VA-161 Gascolator bracket

Add:
VA-182-PC kit
7/7A F.I. Pump Instal

Consider deleting the stock alternator and substituting the new Plane Power Alternator sold by Vans. It cost $100 more but should be well worth the difference.

There may be some other alterations but, I haven't identified them yet.

Jekyll

I think it is about time that Vans re evaluated the whole FWF kits.

Despite describing very carefully on the order form what our engine was (TMX IO-360), the kit came through wrongly. Van's were great about exchanging the parts but if I hadn't managed to get across to the States with a large box of bits in the flightdeck, the freight would have been over $200. In the end we had to order a carb FWF kit for an injected engine - how is that logical ?

Jamie said:
Nevermind previous question...got a new one though!

Can someone tell me if the XP-360 used the same exhaust as the IO-360M1B? I'm assuming they do, but Van's is confusing me because they also sell an exhaust called "EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR", but I think it's ONLY for the composite forward facing sump. I'm using vertical induction.

Thanks!

The EA EXH 7/7A SUPERIOR is for the horizontal induction which matches the IO-360M1B. Bill Peterson at Superior can probably be more helpful. He always got back to me quickly with pictures.

Last edited:
Back