What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to make duplicate Database install SD cards?

bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
I know I've seen it discussed here before but thought I'd ask again.
How do I make duplicate Database install SD cards? So, I can update both screens at the same time.
I tried to copy files from one to another, that does not work.
Thanks!

For Garmin, just format as many cards as you need (per their guidance, I don't have the specifics in front of me).

Once you create the first one and it completes in Garmin Pilot, then eject it and insert the new one. I then just start the process over in Garmin Pilot and it creates another card.

I do all 3 screens at the same time this way.

[I use a Mac, not sure if it differs on a PC]

Just download twice

I have 2 SD cards for my G3X database. I just go to the Garmin DB download website and do one card. I then start the download again for the other card.

When I go to the plane, I do the uploads simultaneously.

G3X or a navigator? For the G3X, I make one card and use it serially to update both screens in the same airplane…seems to work just fine.

Database Updates

I know I've seen it discussed here before but thought I'd ask again.
How do I make duplicate Database install SD cards? So, I can update both screens at the same time.
I tried to copy files from one to another, that does not work.
Thanks!

Good Morning,

You can run through the Database update process twice (or more if necessary for additional displays) using the Garmin Aviation Database Manager. The program only needs to process the "download" phase for the first card. For subsequent cards, it simply copies the original download to the next card. It can save some time to write a card for each display and update the displays simultaneously, especially when updating larger items like the terrain or charts databases.

Thanks,

Justin

Back