What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to identify your brake brand??

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
I have 2 problems (maybe 3) that need attention. They all seem to be pretty common. One is leaking master cylinders (??) next to my pedals. They have blue 90 degree fittings that seem to be leaking. I think they are aluminum and not brass (per the builder). Two is the groaning right or passenger brake. That could be the pads, which I want to be ready to replace anyway, or it could be from the pedal bolt situation. I would like to be ready to swap to the long bolt if anyone could tell me what sized bolt I need. I rread all the threads I could on these issues but was hoping for a little fresh info.

Can anyone tell me how I could tell if I have Matco or Cleveland brand brakes? I bought a flying RV-7. I hope to have all the possible parts I need before I start this project.

Thanks! Andy

I have 2 problems (maybe 3) that need attention. They all seem to be pretty common. One is leaking master cylinders (??) next to my pedals. They have blue 90 degree fittings that seem to be leaking. I think they are aluminum and not brass (per the builder). Two is the groaning right or passenger brake. That could be the pads, which I want to be ready to replace anyway, or it could be from the pedal bolt situation. I would like to be ready to swap to the long bolt if anyone could tell me what sized bolt I need. I rread all the threads I could on these issues but was hoping for a little fresh info.

Can anyone tell me how I could tell if I have Matco or Cleveland brand brakes? I bought a flying RV-7. I hope to have all the possible parts I need before I start this project.

Thanks! Andy

Andy
Cleveland brake calipers have an aluminum foil label on them. It states make and model [30-9] of the calipers. If those are missing, how about posting a few photos for us. Then we could determine the make of brakes. What year was your RV finished? Matco has only been the standard for a few years. Before that, the kits were always supplied with Cleveland.
Charlie

Thanks guys. Will check into these. It was finished in 2011 but I think the kits date back as far as 2009. Will get pics!!

Back