What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to attach flexible LED strip under glarshield?

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
How have people mounted the flexible LED light strips (mine is from Stein) under the glareshield? I don't know if I need to make provision for easily removing it (should last a long time... but you never know).

Thanks for any info - especially pics!

Glue

I just put mine in 2 weeks ago. I debated between Proseal and Goo (Home Depot available adhesive) and went with the Goo. Not a lot of time I know, but the strip weighs almost nothing. You can just make it out if you look at my posted picture on the last page of the -8 project status thread. I mounted it approx 1" out from the panel and it lights everything beautifully.

I don't know why you would ever need a provision to remove it, with 50k-100k hr LED lifespan. Should be easily removed with a razor blade.

Last edited:
Double sided tape

I have a roll of that nuclear powered double sided foam tape. Used it for my ancient EL strip. Has held fine through the AZ heat.

nuclear powered double sided foam tape?

Darwin,

Can you tell us more about this tape, I have tried double sided tape plus various glues and still my lights fall down during the Houston Summers.
I might have to go the Proseal route like Scot but don't want to mess with proseal again!!

Back